Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Team L.I. Blog Hop is here!




Welcome to Team L.I.'s second Blog Hop: May Flowers!
To start at the beginning of our Hop, go here

The theme this month is May Flowers. To be eligible for the prize, you must:
  1. Leave a comment on all posts from yesterday AND today (the Hop started here yesterday Elizabeth's blog.  
  2. You came here from Laura's blog  Subscribe manually to our blogs. You can find my section for subscribing on the right side of my page, titled "SUBSCRIBE FOR EMAIL UPDATES".
  3. Like our Facebook Pages; mine is here Connie's' Facebook page.



Our prize this month is an awesome package from Cindy! Check it out!:





Prize package includes:




$100 voucher good towards class fees on the next Crafty Neighbor Scrapbooking cruise*


“Ocean Breeze” paper assortment (8 pieces)

Coordinating Cardstock (not pictured)

Embellishment assortment (some items not pictured)
*Voucher covers all scrapbooking-related fees, including all classes, workshops, make-n-takes, gifts, prizes, and give-a-ways throughout the cruise – a value of $250 - $500.  Winner must register for the cruise with a full deposit no later than June 15, 2013 to use the voucher.  Winner is responsible for the cruise fare, as well as any airfare, hotel stays or incidental expenses (see our website for more details about the cruise: http://www.craftyneighbor.com).
 
Crafty Neighbor is offering a $100 discount voucher good towards the next Crafty Neighbor Scrapbooking cruise, sailing from Galveston, Texas aboard the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas December 1, 2013 on a 7-Day cruise of the Caribbean, including ports in Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. The voucher covers all scrapbooking-related fees, including all classes, workshops, make-n-takes, gifts, prizes and give-a-ways throughout the cruise - a value of $250-$500. Winner must register for the cruise with a full deposit no later than June 15, 2013 to use the voucher. Winner is responsible for the cruise fare, as well as any airfare, hotel stays or incidental expenses (see our website for more details about the cruise http://www.craftyneighbor.com). Winner will also receive a small grab-bag of cruise and beach-themed products including “Ocean Breeze” paper assortment (8 pieces), coordinating cardstock, and an embellishment assortment.

You have until May 31st to comment on all the blog stops from both days, and the winner will be announced on June 1st on Elizabeth’s blog. We will also contact the winner, so make sure we have your contact info when you enter. Winner will have one week to claim their prize or another winner will be chosen.




I have recently received a digital stamp, and I am trying them out.  This is something new for me.  This umbrella, from CDAC, is a stamp they sent me. This is what I created with that stamp.

I sized the umbrella to 3 inches, then colored it with my Copic markers.  I added the dots with pearl drops.  The background paper is from a paper pack of Recollections.  I found an old pack of dried flowers, which were perfect for this card.  I placed some glue on the background paper, and then added my dried flowers to it.  Then I placed the umbrella over them, making the umbrella bulge with all the flowers. For my corners, I took a Spellbinders die and some blue glitter paper and cut it in half. 


Here is the inside of the card.  I gave it to my Mom for Mother's Day.  


Please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts about this card...what you liked and what could be changed.  I am trying to get better at what I do.  Thanks.


Now go on to Nicoles Blog to see what fabulous thing she has created for you.


Here is the list of all our players:

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice way to add dimension to your card Connie - thanks for being in this hop :)

fleurty scrapper....Linda Fleur said...

Love the 3D look of this--beautiful job!

Lisa & Lisa said...

I love it--that is so cute!

Nicole said...

This is an adorable card!! Thanks for sharing in our hop!

Krysthle Poitras said...

Wonderful project!

Inger de Wild said...

Beautiful with all those flowers in the umbrella!

L. Hedgecock said...

I like the umbrella with the flowers. What a cute idea.